Bran Castle Location | Address, Directions, Best Way to Get There
Located in the heart of Romania, Bran Castle is a beautiful hill-top castle that is surrounded by a beautiful mountain range. It is a famous landmark and a national monument in Transylvania. This wooden and stone fortress was constructed to protect the inhabitants from incoming invasions. It also served as a customs office for the historical border of Wallachia.
Here’s what you should know about Bran Castle’s location, ways to get there, directions to the castle, and much more!
Bran Castle Location
Getting to Bran Castle by Public Transport
Most people traveling to Bran Castle have to first arrive at Braşov or need to make a day trip from Bucharest. Here are some of the ways you can get to Bran Castle through public transport.
The Bus Terminal No. 2 at Brasov has regular buses to and from Bran - Moeciu every 30 minutes during the weekdays and every 1 hour during the weekends. You can buy the tickets directly from the driver.
Duration: 45 minutes
Price: approx. €1.5
The Bucharest North Railway Station has a train to Brasov every hour. You can take either the Intercity (CFR) line or the Regional line. You can check the train schedules here.
Duration: 3 hours 25 minutes
Price: approx. €10
The Brasov-Ghimbav airport is still under construction, so if you’re flying in, you will have to reach Bucharest first and then take another transport to Bran. You can either take a taxi to take you straight to Bran Castle or you may have to get a train to Brasov and take a bus or taxi from there to Bran.
Getting to Bran Castle by Taxi
Bucharest to Bran
Bran Castle is about 160 km from Bucharest. There is a taxi service right in front of the International arrivals at the Henri Coandă International Airport.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Price: approx. €80
Brasov to Bran
Bran Castle is about 30 km away from Brasov. There are quite a few taxi services available in Brasov, but we suggest that you pick a reputable taxi service with an English-speaking driver to properly discuss the prices.
Duration: approx. 30 minutes
Price: approx. €17 to €20
Directions to Bran Castle
If you’re going to visit Bran Castle in a car, you can simply enter the destination as Bran Castle and your car’s navigation system should be able to take you there with ease. Here are some of the best routes.
- From the Henri Coanda Airport, head towards the DN1/E60 route. Keep going for about 36 km and then take the second exit at the roundabout to stay on DN1/E60.
- Stay on the DN1/E60 route for another 85 km.
- Turn left onto the Strada Valea Râșnoavei/DN73A road and continue straight for another 20 km.
- At the next roundabout, get onto the DN73/E574 road and stay on it for another 10 km to reach Bran Castle.
- Alternatively, you can also take the DN72A route from the airport, but the ride takes longer than 3 hours.
- Get onto the DN1/E68 route and stay on this road for about 5 km.
- At the next roundabout, take the last exit onto DN73B and then continue for another 3.5 km. You will find another roundabout where you will have to take the 5th exit onto DN73G.
- Continue for about 3 km and then get onto A3 road. Keep going for another 6 km until you arrive at the next roundabout.
- Take the first exit at the roundabout and get onto DN73/E574. Continue straight for another 10 km and you should arrive at Bran Castle.
- Alternatively, you can get onto the DN73/E574 route via the DN1E route, but the drive may take a few minutes longer.
Book Your Bran Castle Tickets
Frequently Asked Questions About Bran Castle Location
A. Bran Castle is located at Strada General Traian Moșoiu 24, Bran 507025, Romania. Find it on Maps
A. Bran Castle is located in the small town of Bran about 30 km away from Brasov.
A. You can take a train from Bucharest to Brasov and then a bus from Brasov to Bran.
A. The most convenient way to get to Bran Castle would be to take a cab or drive up there yourself. Apart from this, we’d also recommend that you take a bus from Brasov to Bran.
A. The cheapest way to get to Bran Castle would be to take a bus from Brasov to Bran. You can also drive up to the castle and park in Bran village for free and walk the rest of the way (a few hundred meters depending on where you park).
A. If you wish to sightsee on your way to Bran Castle, then we suggest that you take a taxi or travel in your own vehicle. This way, you can stop at whatever spots you want to look at the scenery around.
A. Yes, there is a paid car parking facility at Bran Castle. However, if you want to save a few bucks, you can head into Bran village and park for free just a few hundred meters beyond the castle.
A. Unfortunately, your Bran Castle tickets don’t include access to the parking facilities at the castle. You may have to pay a minimal fee to park your car. You can also park your car for free just a few hundred meters ahead of the castle.