Best Guided Tours of Bran Castle 2022
Bran Castle has an extremely rich history. It was first constructed to function as a vantage point and then used as a customs office for collecting taxes from travelers entering Wallachia. It also functioned as the residence of the beloved Queen Marie of Romania.
To be able to fully understand the history of Bran Castle, it is better that you book a guided tour. Here’s everything you need to know to book a Bran Castle tour.
Why Take a Guided Tour of Bran Castle?
Tour of Bran Castle: Guided vs. Non-Guided
- With a Bran Castle guided tour ticket, you will be accompanied by an expert guide who will give you keen insights into the history of the castle.
- Guided tours usually have a fixed itinerary, which means that you will be able to save time while also exploring the castle thoroughly.
- Get access to some hidden attractions that most people are unaware of like Targoviste, Poenari Fortress, Kitsch Museum, and much more!
- The general admission ticket for Bran Castle is also a skip-the-line ticket, which means that you can skip waiting in long ticket queues and get direct entry into Bran Castle.
- Explore Bran Castle at your own pace while you marvel at the beautiful Southern Carpathian mountain range.
- There may be greater crowds during the weekends in the peak season. And since Bran Castle has many narrow passageways, you may have to wait your turn.
What to Expect From Your Guided Tour of Bran Castle?
Bran Castle has many hidden stories behind its medieval stone walls, and you may not be able to discover all of them with just a general admission ticket. You can make the best of your visit to Bran Castle by getting yourself an expert English-speaking guide who will take you around the castle in a small group.
Bran Castle has many narrow passageways. With a Bran Castle guided tour, you can get an expert guide who knows their way around the castle. The tour will also be done in a small group and at fixed times to make sure that there are fewer crowds during your visit.
Highlights Covered in Tours of Bran Castle
Apart from the highlights of the castle itself, your Bran Castle guided tour tickets can help you explore many other places and attractions nearby.
This beautiful city in Romania is said to be the home of one of the most prominent rulers of Romania, Vlad Tepes or Vlad III. Situated about 80 km northwest of Bucharest, Targoviste was the capital of Wallachia, making it one of the most important cities in Romania’s history.
Also situated atop a mountain like Bran Castle, the Poenari Castle is a citadel that functioned as Vlad Tepes’ home. There are 1480 steps of concrete that you will have to take to access the castle, but the climb is most definitely worth the beautiful mountain scenes around the castle.
Museum of Senses
Experience something you never have before with the unimaginable Museum of Senses. Discover mind-bending optical illusions that test your senses at this exceptional museum. Walk through a dark tunnel to see water flowing upwards, a park with optical illusions, and even a Vortex tunnel!
This Neo-Renaissance castle is situated in the Carpathian Mountains near Sinaia and is about 1 hour away from Bran Castle by road. After King Carol I visited this area, he fell in love with the landscape and decided to construct a royal hunting preserve and summer retreat, which is today known as the Peles Castle.
This boutique museum has hosted more than 200 exhibits that shed light on the Romanian culture of Kitsch. Designs, objects and art that usually have excessive garnishments or sentimentality but are appreciated in an ironic way are known as Kitsch. This museum is not just hilarious but also educational.
- Book a guided tour ticket to get the complete low-down of Bran Castle’s history.
- Book your tickets in advance and online to avail discounts and ensure entry.
- Try a guided tour ticket with skip-the-line access to avoid standing in lines and save time.
- Wear comfortable and flat footwear as Bran Castle has many slopes and stairs.
- Arrive at least 10-15 minutes before your Bran Castle tour begins to avoid any delays.
- Meet your tour guide at the Transylvanian Wonders S.R.L Ticketing Office.
Frequently Asked Questions About Guided Tour of Bran Castle
A. The prices for Bran Castle guided tour tickets vary depending on the type of ticket you pick. The prices, however, start from €25.
A. Bran Castle guided tours are available in 4 different languages; English, Spanish, French and Italian.
A. Once you book a Bran Castle guided tour ticket, you will have to meet your tour guide at Transylvanian Wonders S.R.L Ticketing Office.
A. You can get a full refund if you cancel your Bran Castle guided tour ticket up to 24 hours before schedule.
A. A Bran Castle guided tour should take you about one hour.